Are you eligible?
- Veteran verified by DD214 Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty.
- A member of a “Veteran family”: Either a Veteran or a member of a family in which the head of household, or the spouse of the head of household, is a Veteran.
- Household income does not exceed 50% of area median income.
|FY 2015 Income Limit Category||1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person|
|Very Low (50%)|
- A very low-income Veteran family is considered to be “occupying permanent housing” if they fall into one of three categories:
- Is residing in permanent housing and at risk of becoming literally homeless but for SSVF assistance;
- Is literally homeless, and at risk to remain in this situation but for SSVF assistance, and scheduled to become a resident of permanent housing within 90 days pending the location or development of housing suitable for permanent housing; or
- Is literally homeless after exiting permanent housing within the previous 90 days to seek other housing that is responsive to the very low-income Veteran family’s needs and preferences.