ACCESS’ Food for Hope grocery bag drive, now in its 38th year, is the largest annual community food and fund drive helping to fight hunger in Jackson County. The goal for this food and fund drive is to collect 10,000 pounds of food and $30,000 to help support ACCESS Food Programs. The ACCESS food programs supply vulnerable households with accessible and healthy food through local food pantries, boxes of food for seniors, and other programs for families, children, and those affected by COVID and the wildfire disasters.
38th Annual Food for Hope
Grocery Bag food & fund drive
What does hunger in Jackson County look like?
- Last year, ACCESS fed over 40,000 Jackson County residents through our Food Pantries
- 61% of children in Jackson County schools qualify for free or reduced lunch.
- 20% of those fed by ACCESS are vulnerable seniors.
- ACCESS distributed 5.2 million pounds of food through local food pantries in 2020.
Food Pantry Wish List
Our food pantries are in need of the following items:
• Cold or Hot Cereals
• Peanut Butter
• Canned Meats (Tuna, Chicken)
• Canned Goods: Soups, Vegetables and Fruits
Drop Off Locations
Drop off food donations at:
• ACCESS (3630 Aviation Way, Medford, Or 97501)
• Sherm’s Thunderbird (2347 West Main Street, Medford, Or 97501)
• Food 4 Less (2230 Biddle Road, Medford, Or 97501)
• Jackson County Umpqua Bank Locations
• Jackson County Fire Stations
Can you help feed a local family?
The truth is, many households in Jackson County don’t know where their next meal is coming from. A donation TODAY can help ACCESS provide food to those who are food insecure in our community. Your gift will help feed vulnerable children, seniors, fire-impacted families, and help our community stay healthy.
Donation Tip! UPGRADE to a monthly donation to make the BIGGEST impact in our community.
A monthly donation of just $15 provides 720 meals to our community annually!
How you can help:
1. Look for our grocery bag in the Mail Tribune on Sunday, November 21st. Fill the bag with non-perishable food items and deliver to any drop point listed below.
2. Donate online in our Food For Hope Virtual Food Drive! This allows us to purchase exactly what our food pantries need.
3. If you’re having trouble meeting your own food needs, call (541) 779-6691. If you would like to volunteer with ACCESS Food Programs, call (541) 774-4315.